Skip to Questions

Ask a Librarian


I found the article that I want but it’s not provided in full text. What are my options?

Last Updated: May 12, 2015  |  130 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


It depends on the database you are using. Several databases will have a link with a UTEP logo , or a link stating "Check for this item at UTEP Library". Other databases do not have such option.   

If you do not see the UTEP icon and/or link to check the UTEP Library; conduct a Journal Title Search, to see if Library carries the journal or source where the article was published, on print or electronically. You can also make an E-Journal search, to find the databases which provide access to the journal/source electronically. Note: Double check if the article you want is published within the years we own. If you do not find the journal/source of publication, or the appropriate year, request the article through ILLiad.


If you see a UTEP icon and/or a link to check the UTEP Library, within the database; click on it.


This in turn, will open WebBridge in a new window. WebBridge is a link resolver, which displays a menu of options for obtaining the desired article.


If the full text is available through another database; you will see one or more databases listed under Full Text Sources. To access the article, click on the link with the database name. You should automatically be taken to the article in full text. 

If no full text section appears in the listed options; the next option is to look under Library Catalogue and see if the Library carries the journal or source where the article was published.  Click the link saying Nugget to search the journal in the library catalog. 


If UTEP Library owns the journal or the source in print or electronically, you will be taken to their record. Look at the full record to display the years we own and their location. Note: Double check if the article you want is published within the years we own.


If the library does not have the article in print or online, you can request a copy through ILLiad, our interlibrary loan service. By clicking on ILLiad you will be taken to their logon screen. If you are new to ILLiad you need to create an account, and then request the article. Note: The process of interlibrary loan takes time (7-20 business days), so make sure you request articles ahead of time. 


To report a technical problem with any of the Library’s electronic databases or e-journals, contact a member of the E-Resources Team. Telephone assistance is available between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., M-F, by calling either Lisa Borden at (915) 747-6709 or Jason Moore at (915) 747-6706.


Answered by Harvey CastellanoBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Contact Us

    500 W. University Avenue : El Paso, TX, 79968-0582 : (915) 747-5672
    Copyright | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
    State Reports | UT System | Customer Service Statement | Site Feedback | Required Links |